Skip to main content

Finishing the Spring Semester Strong

 It's crazy to think how the past year of college has gone by so fast. I started my second year of college here at North Dakota State University just a short time ago. I am nearing the end of my second year and quickly approaching the final weeks before the summer break. Enclosed within these final few weeks are the various last-minute assignments, final exams, and wrapping-up projects that I have spent a significant amount of time on, throughout this past semester. 

Despite this past semester going by so quickly, I find it very important to not let time control my work. If I focus on the time and become overwhelmed with rushing to finish the final work that needs to be done, I will not be able to finish my work in a good manner. Finishing my work strong and with great depth is important in my education and my future with the knowledge I am gaining through each of my courses. If I rush the work, I will not be able to remember as much of the information nor be able to do the work to the best of my ability. 

To better my focus on the tasks at hand and not the time that is left, I steer my focus towards a set schedule. By scheduling my work and trying my best to stick with my schedule, I am better able to focus on each of the tasks and what needs to be done. Additionally, by sticking to the schedule, I am not risking taking too much time on one thing and not enough on another. I hope this will allow me to finish my semester strong, with as much of my full potential as I possibly can. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truly Thankful for Scholarships

  As a college student, being financially stable is a struggle with having to pay for everything that comes with college. Some of these college expenses may include food, tuition, books, and living, which vary significantly from semester to semester. I have been fortunate enough to be able to be relieved from some of these ongoing expenses. Through my hometown, state, as well as NDSU itself, I have been able to win multiple scholarships.  I bring up the topic of scholarships because it is something that is on my current to-do list, as well as something I encourage every college student to apply for. In just a few short days, NDSU scholarships are due, which means that I have to reread and perfect all my applications to ensure that I am applying for them to the best of my ability. Many students do not take the opportunity to apply for such applications, as they think it is too much work or too much to think about. However, I have been able to relieve so much financial stress because of

Progress on My Degree Outlook

As someone who began college unsure of what to do with their future, I have been able to create a deeper foundation for what my future will look like. Recently, I was able to fully declare my plan of study, as I have been able to take classes related to each of my majors, a minor, and numerous certificates that give me an idea of what I would be working with. I was able to declare my double majors in Business Administration and Finance, my minor in Banking, and my certificates in Entrepreneurship, Private Enterprises, and Sales. With each of these additional steps in my academic career, I plan to fulfill a critical business role in the future.  You may be wondering why I chose to have two majors, and on top of that, add a minor. As if that wasn't enough, you may think I am crazy for adding not one, but THREE additional certificates to my study plan. However, I have a love for each of these areas and thoroughly enjoy being able to increase my knowledge in them. My dream has always b